One of my biggest goals over the past ten years was to make money online.
When my twins were born, and I decided not to go back to work (read about my story here) I knew I needed to learn how to contribute to my families income in a way that would still allow me to be present with my kids, but make a bit extra on the side.
Living in this era in time has granted us the ability to make money from our home with nothing more than an internet connection a computer and the time and dedication to make things happen.
But if you are anything like I was, you might be wondering what the most effective and easiest way to make money online as a mom is.
I am going to share with 4 ways you can make money online.
But before we dive in, I want to share with you my number 1 tip on how to make money online to be genuinely successful.
Show up! You need to set aside time to work on this, whether it is doing surveys, providing a service, or creating a product. You need to show up daily, weekly, and monthly to make money.
You can’t be truly successful at anything just by sitting there scrolling through your Facebook newsfeed, even if it is for networking.
You need to put the time and knowledge into making things happen.
Phew, ok now that that is out of the way, let’s explore the 4 ways you can make money online as a mom!
1. Make Money Online With Websites That Pay
Below is a list of websites that you can go to and make money online with.
These sites are a great way to earn some extra cash quickly. However, the amount of money you make is usually very minimal.
A word of caution makes sure you are earning your worth.
If you are spending a day to earn $20 you need to reconsider what you are doing.
However, if you are going to be using that time to surf the web anyways, you can earn some extra cash on the side.
1. Swagbucks – You can earn money by taking surveys and using their search engine, playing their games, and cash back at certain stores.
2. InboxDollars – Earn money by using their search engine, taking surveys, and watching videos. They are like Swagbucks, and you can sign up for both sites.
3. User Testing – You can get paid $10 for every 20 min video you complete. You will have a set of tasks to do on a website or app; then you leave your feedback on the experience.
2. Make Money Online by Freelancing
If you have a particular skill like writing or design, or you are willing to learn a particular skill, then you can earn money online by freelancing.
Freelancing does take time to build up your portfolio and your resume, but once you have some quality work under your belt, you can make an excellent income online freelancing.
The most important thing is that you love what you do, and you are willing and dedicated to offering a professional service.
Below are places where you can offer your services as a freelancer in a marketplace.
Also, consider freelancing by starting a blog where you can showcase your work and offers to potential clients.
- 1. Freelancer – all freelance jobs
- 2. Upwork – all freelance jobs.
- 6. Cloudpeeps – all freelance jobs, need to have an experience and a great portfolio.
- 7. Guru – all freelance jobs.
- 8. 99Designs – graphic designer jobs.
- 9. 48Hours Logo – logo design.
- 10. Logo Arena – logo design.
- 11. Paid Blogging Jobs –freelance writing jobs for blogs.
- 12. All Freelance Writing – freelance writing jobs.
- 13. Contently – freelance writing jobs.
- 14. Behance – Digital Designers
- 15. Listverse – freelance writing jobs.
- 16. TopTenz – freelance writing jobs.
- 17. A List Apart –freelance writing jobs.
- 18. International Living –freelance writing jobs.
- 19. FundsforWriters –freelance writing jobs.
- 20. Uxbooth –freelance writing jobs.
- 21. iWriter –freelance writing jobs.
- 22. Textbroker –freelance writing jobs.
- 23. Matador Network –freelance writing jobs.
- 24. The Penny Hoarder –freelance writing jobs.
- 25. Gigster – freelance developers jobs.
- 26. Codeable – coders and WordPress expert freelancing jobs.
- 27 The Creative Loft – photography freelancing and more!
- 28. Remotive – all freelance jobs.
- 29. People Per Hour – all freelance jobs.
- 30. Belay – virtual assistant jobs.
- 31. Time etc. – virtual assistant jobs.
- 32. ClickWorker – virtual assistant jobs.
- 33. Zitual – virtual assistant jobs.
- 34. Fancy Hands – virtual assistant jobs.
- 30. CrowdSource – various freelance jobs.
- 31. Demand Studios – writers and filmmakers.
- 32. Fast Chart – medical transcriptionist.
- 33. Leap Force – Rate websites in google.
- 34. Liveops – call center associate
- 35. SpeakWrite – transcribe information.
If you are interested in starting a blog as a Freelance writer, then I strongly recommend taking a look at this blog by Elna Cain.
It’s packed with fantastic tips and guides on how to start a Freelance writing business. I especially love Elna’s story; she said that before she started her freelance writing business, the most she wrote was a grocery list!
She didn’t go to school for writing, and I think she is one of the most successful freelance writers out there. I see her posts everywhere on the internet!
3. Make Money Online Selling Stuff
1. eBay – sell your stuff on eBay. Start with the items in your house. Do a significant de-clutter, then work your way up to dropshipping or wholesaling.
2. Etsy – Sell your arts, crafts and digital products on Etsy. Etsy is one way I currently make money online. I sell digital planners on Etsy.
3. Amazon FBA – Amazon FBA is a service offered by Amazon where you send them stock that you purchase through wholesale or retail arbitrage.
The products are then offered for sale through Amazon, and when they are purchased, they are shipped or fulfilled by Amazon.
There is a bit of a learning curve to this Amazon FBA, so make sure you do your research before you dive in.
4. Your E-commerce Website – For excellent resources on how to start an e-commerce store check out.
4. Make Money Online Blogging
I do talk a lot about how to make money online blogging.
That is because I think to start a blog, it is one of the most sustainable ways to make money online, with the lowest monetary investment.
It is sustainable because once you create that content, it can be accessible for years to come. I created a static blog a few years ago, and it still gets some traffic and a small affiliate income to this day.
Starting a blog has a low monetary investment, all you need to purchase is hosting and a domain name.
Finally, If you are freelancing, having a blog is an excellent complement to your portfolio, and a way for potential clients to find you.
I will not sugar coat it, it does take a lot of time and patience. It can take a while before you start experiencing the traffic you need to earn a substantial income.
However, it has such a firm foundation that it is worth the effort if you have the time to invest in it.
Below are a few of the ways you can earn money online blogging.
2. Affiliates – If you have a product that you love, and you want to tell other people about it, why don’t’ you share it with an affiliate link. If you loved it and you think other people will love it too, you can link to the product. Some great affiliate networks that people use are Amazon Associates.
If you don’t want to sign up for all the affiliate programs separately, Vigilinks is a great solution. They take all your non-affiliate outbound links on your site and turn them into affiliate links if they are able.
3. Membership – Creating a membership area of your blog is another way to bring in a monthly income. If you have some exclusive premium content that you can offer to your visitors on a monthly basis, a membership area might be worth looking into.
4. Digital Products – You can create your product, such as a digital planner, ebooks or course.
5. Services – You can offer a paid service, such as a freelance service, or coaching.
6. Sponsored/paid posts – Sponsored posts are just posts about a specific brand, product or service. A company will pay you to publish an article about it. It’s similar with other paid posts as well. You need to have an established blog before you can see any real income with this, but some bloggers are very successful with this method.
There are many ways to make money online. Finding that one that works best for you is the trick to making it happen!
Whether you are looking for some side money by using websites that pay, or you want to start a career freelancing the most important thing is that you take action.
I am interested in knowing some of the ways you have tried to make money online. What advice would you give as your most successful ways of making money? Let me know in the comments below. 👇
Join The Momma Hustle Newsletter
Join the hustle. Stay up to date on all the news and activity at The Momma Hustle! You won't be disappointed.